APWSS encourages and recognizes excellence through various awards at its Biennial Conference:
27th APWSS Conference Student Travel Grants & Awards
APWSS 2019 - Travel Grant Awardees
We are pleased to announce that the IWSS and the APWSS Student Travel Grants have been awarded to the following Students:
(*All recipients/awardees must attend the conference and give a presentation in order to be eligible to receive the prize. Registration fees will not be waived.)
1. International Weed Science Society (IWSS) Student Travel Grant Awards
Amount Awarded: USD500/recipient
1. Nina Gracel Bayla Dimaano. Kyoto University, Japan.
2. Arslan Masood Peerzada. The University of Queensland, Australia.
3. Mustaqeem Ahmad. Veer Bahadur Singh Purvanchal University, India.
2. APWSS Student Travel Grant Recipients
Amount Awarded: USD400/recipient
1. Rajesh Barua. The University of Adelaide, Australia.
2. Azim Syahmi Zafri. Universiti Putra Malaysia, Malaysia.
3. Amalia Qistina Zulrushdi. University of Malaya, Malaysia.
4. S. Selvakumar. Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, India.
5. Haroon Ur Rashid. University of Haripur, Pakistan.
In addition to the IWSS and APWSS Travel Grants, we are happy to announce additional travel grants awards, which are granted to three (3) Malaysian postgraduate students presenting excellent research paper. We would like to express our deepest gratitude and appreciation to Corteva Agriscience Malaysia for sponsoring the Corteva Agriscience Malaysia Student Travel Grant.
Corteva Agriscience Malaysia Student Travel Grant Awards
Amount Awarded: RM1650/recipient
1. Intan Filzah Mahmod. University of Malaya, Malaysia.
2. Nurul Hazwani Mohamed. Master, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Malaysia.
3. Engku Ahmad Khairi. Universiti Putra Malaysia, Malaysia.